Missive from parts of Africa

A light hearted and sometimes serious look at moving 6000km into a place in Africa: April 2007. Promoted back to South Africa, the missive will continue to track my foray's into deepest Africa as and when I get there.

Name:
Location: Joburg, Africa, South Africa

Sunday, April 08, 2007

Wow! I get a Public Holiday

For the first time in ages, I have actually been able to take advantage of public holidays. I will take a moment of silence for my teams working this long weekend.

*moment*

What does one do over a long weekend?

veg was the Friday.

Shopped on Saturday - normal that and toodled off to the Rand Show in the afternoon.

The Rand Show has turned into a big flea market!

That's all.... nothing really nice to see (considering I was looking for ideas for the house), but we did have a really nice Kebab and Nan from the Paki Fast food place in the square.

Today is Easter Bunny day and I have already received a nice quantity of choccy to last for a week or so.

That said. I also finally got around to cleaning my cupboard out. 5 (count em 5) large rubbish bags of old clothes and clothes that will never fit me as long as I live again.

Some fun memories however:

- I finally tossed my matric shirt. 27 years is a long time to keep a shirt

- In one suit I found business cards from a job I had in 1992. Evidently that suit had not been worn since then.

- I found matches from a trip to India I took 5 years ago in another suit.

- My Tux officially does not fit me any more and that was tossed. That tux was purchased in the 1980's which really meant I cannot with good conscience wear it.

- Got rid of over 100 golf shirts. Some dating back to 1997.

- I did keep all my caps. I estimate I have 400 of them

- I tossed my running spikes that were last used in1980

Scary stuff - I will now go shopping for new clothes tomorrow
hehehe


Oh yes!!!

I finally purchased a real bed.

I have spent the last ten years sleeping on my old futon mattress, which given the fact the bed could not fit down the passage of my house, meant I have spent the last six years sleeping on the floor.

It was decided it is time to grow up and sleep on a real bed.

I must admit my futon has seen some interesting things. Respect!

That said - back to work on Tuesday to a full day of meetings...

I will not think about it until then!

Hope your bunny day also bought lots of nice choccie and you are smiling.

1 Comments:

Blogger Esther said...

400 caps? Um, you're going to buy a display cabinet or 12 to put them in? ;)

You should have taken a picture of the tux. Some people pay good money for antique clothes ;)

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home