Missive from parts of Africa

A light hearted and sometimes serious look at moving 6000km into a place in Africa: April 2007. Promoted back to South Africa, the missive will continue to track my foray's into deepest Africa as and when I get there.

Name:
Location: Joburg, Africa, South Africa

Friday, February 23, 2007

Of fish and turtles

The best thing about been back in SA is the food.

*pat of tummy*

*loosen of belt*

It has been a busy week and Wednesday consisted of Canapés at a presentation – and some Captains of course – which of course while tasty, does not satisfy the hungry snake coiled up in my belly.

Ergo – it came to pass that by Thursday evening, the hunger was extreme and required me to pop into the local Spar and invest in a pack of PORK CHOPS and LAMB CHOPS to assuage the hungry snake.

Tuna was not even an option in my mind.

I managed to wade through 430g of Pork chops and as a main course 500g of Lamb Chops. My accompaniment? Cherry Tomato and Baby Carrot salad.

To say that there was a smile on my face is an understatement. The meat was nicely grilled, still pink and actually tasted like Lamb and Pork.

As is wont to happen when one eats that amount of grilled meat in one go, the digestive system worked all through the night to ensure that I was greeted with a turtlehead the next morning.

This was however resolved by a morning constitutional with last night’s newspaper as entertainment.

Although that may not be the turtlehead that Pea’s was talking about in her comment tag. The tag has been satisfied and one assumes Peas will never look at a turtle in the same way again.

4 Comments:

Blogger caroline said...

All I can say Antoine,

I still do not get your drift and I suspect it may not be for me to get, ever.

2:28 PM  
Blogger caroline said...

Of course what I wanted to say was. “What a simple mind!!”

But I will not say that in case you perceive a simple mind as unfavorable.

2:30 PM  
Blogger Antoine said...

Ahh. But Caroline. A simple mind is a positive thing. My argument is nothing is so complicated that there is not a simple solution.

People complicate the uncomplicated so they can have something to worry about.

In the words of the great A E Newman "Who me, worry?"

9:07 AM  
Blogger caroline said...

Of course some people complicate the simple so they can have a long intriguing conversation followed by mind blowing sex.

However this is not for the simple minded, that have simple sex?

3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home