Missive from parts of Africa

A light hearted and sometimes serious look at moving 6000km into a place in Africa: April 2007. Promoted back to South Africa, the missive will continue to track my foray's into deepest Africa as and when I get there.

Name:
Location: Joburg, Africa, South Africa

Friday, February 02, 2007

Another year bites the dust!

Yup - At some time on the 2nd of February my mother popped me out of her womb and some person smacked my arse to force me to take my first breath.

And celebrating my birthday in Ghana is not my first choice.

However: The fact that I am in Ghana on my birthday meant;

- I got toasted last night and only climbed into bed at 1.30am

- I have a hangover today, assuaged by Panado

- The lads doused me with water, which is apparently a birthday tradition.

- The dousing was just before I had a general meeting with the wekkers trowing toys about the safety violations on site. I looked very intimidating drenched.

- We will once again tonight wander over to the pub, as spoilt for choice, it is the only thing to do in this instance.


I will no doubt be taking two more Panado's tomorrow morning and walking through the day.

Could think of a few better ways to start the year

:)

2 Comments:

Blogger Esther said...

Hope you have a blast on your birthday, even if it is in Dark Africa.

9:49 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

hope you did not have too much of a hangover on Saturday and just think of it this way ..... the year can only get better!!!! xxxx

8:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home