Missive from parts of Africa

A light hearted and sometimes serious look at moving 6000km into a place in Africa: April 2007. Promoted back to South Africa, the missive will continue to track my foray's into deepest Africa as and when I get there.

Name:
Location: Joburg, Africa, South Africa

Thursday, November 30, 2006

An IT guy who loves his Job

We have been having IT issues lately.

It is month end and I am trying to do my reports. Besides not having access to certain reports, I finally got access to my procurement and this email followed from me to the Helpdesk.

Good day (once again)

I have attached my spreadsheet – data imported from Purchase over listing projects BU – CSV.

In G921 a little china man has spilt his Chinese copy of war and peace.

Would this be just a matter of ignoring the little china man and hope he goes away – or could this be the start of the Chinese Take over of the world and in that cell there is a hidden message which tells us when it is all going to happen?

Your time is required to allay my Chinese fears – and possibly save the world from a decade of poor Shrimp Foo Yong.

Regards

The response however floored me!

CAS-34713-DMBPGO will be handled by our foremost boerekos warrior because nothing is worse than a decade of bad Shrimp Foo Wong.
The case number above will give you access to all battle information should the Chinese advance.
The battle control center is available 24 hours a day seven days a week on 011-806-0266.
Please feel free to make use of our service anytime you may require it.


Kind regards
Kevin



Kevin! You Biscuit! I know the IT lads are under loads of pressure with all the kak, and to have a sense of humour such as that is – takes balls!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Esther said...

*chuckle* Not often you find a sense of humour in IT support

3:03 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

*hehe* good one! Did you eventually contact the "control battle centre"?

12:35 PM  
Blogger Antoine said...

Nope - The battle centre contacted me and told me it appeared to be a once off and the chinese had retreated for the moment. :)

2:44 PM  
Blogger Lady in red said...

the chinese relocated to my pc for a week of respite before doing battle esle where. I have now wrestled control of my own pc back into my own hands and am now back posting.

finally got around to finding out the whereabouts of my new friend Antoine

XXXX

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home