Missive from parts of Africa

A light hearted and sometimes serious look at moving 6000km into a place in Africa: April 2007. Promoted back to South Africa, the missive will continue to track my foray's into deepest Africa as and when I get there.

Name:
Location: Joburg, Africa, South Africa

Saturday, October 28, 2006

and the hamster keeps on going

Has this week slowed down I ask myself (with tears in my spotted brown eyes).

Nope. Not even close.

Monday started with an email war
Tuesday started with a day of meetings which ended after 7:30
Wednesday was a repeat of Tuesday
And Thursday is a repeat of Wednesday.

I now write my blogs piece meal while the meeting has broken up for a while so participants can do some real work.

Good news about a lad coming up to assist me. He arrives next week Wednesday. I am praying this lad is quick on the take. *chuckle*

I did get a phone call from my erstwhile HR lady asking very nicely “Please do not be too hard on this man” “Give him a chance”. Considering my feeble attempt at a phone interview, I am overcome with waves of confidence.

I must admit my Small Works lads will welcome someone of Henry - or is it Harry’s – ilk as being stuck in meetings as I have since I arrived back, there is no-one available to fuss about the small stuff. When I am available, I am resorting to “Make a decision and just make sure if it goes wrong you can Justify that decision”.

1 Comments:

Blogger Esther said...

poor Harry/Henry. You loooove meetings don't cha ;)

8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home