Missive from parts of Africa

A light hearted and sometimes serious look at moving 6000km into a place in Africa: April 2007. Promoted back to South Africa, the missive will continue to track my foray's into deepest Africa as and when I get there.

Name:
Location: Joburg, Africa, South Africa

Friday, October 06, 2006

Friday Missive - Quickly Taken

Johannesburg:

*happy sigh*

Oh wait – it should be Joburg

Well I remain in JHB (that’s maybe easier), eating lots and having to pull my tummy in when I put on my pants in the morning.

The R&R was not well planned – but this can be expected when after almost 5 months all I wanted to do was to get the fuck out of Ghana for a while. I have spent the last week at work, completing contract recons for month end as well as sorting out the “cannot wait while you are away” issues.

Managed to hire a Plant Superintendent, managed not to hire a Financial body, got offered a job, turned down the job (as it was in Ghana), had nookie, had sushi, swore that JHB traffic is almost as bad as Accra traffic and generally reveled in the fact that I am in civilization.

Dogs at home are a pain, thanks to a daughter who evidently learnt her parenting skills from me. The in and out of the house, chew everything and shit on my newly cleaned carpets.
Today my boots had teeth marks on them

Today I threw my collective toys out of their collective cots.

Word to the wise. Never buy the Zodiac pool cleaner. It is fundamentally flawed as it quite happily sucks up stones and chokes.

Pain in the arse in my view. What is also a pain is I do believe I will finally get my pool blue just in time to go back to Ghana.

Right. I am off to a “site visit”. Apparently you can hire clubs at this site.

Have fun fine people

1 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

glad to see you are having fun and still managing to update your blog!!!

1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home