Missive from parts of Africa

A light hearted and sometimes serious look at moving 6000km into a place in Africa: April 2007. Promoted back to South Africa, the missive will continue to track my foray's into deepest Africa as and when I get there.

Name:
Location: Joburg, Africa, South Africa

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Ahhh - What a nice life

*happy sigh*

I have been in Joburg for a few days now, and I am happy as a pig in the proverbial.

Good Food

Regular Nookie

New job where I am spending an inordinate amount of time getting my feet wet.

I am happy.

However – every silver lining is surrounded by black stuff.

Traffic:

I had forgotten how bad the traffic is at peak hours. It takes me 75 minutes to travel the 51km’s to work every morning. It takes just as long to wend my way home.

Traffic Police:

I am back in the land where there are speed traps every 5km, Metro cops looking for me chatting on my cell phone at every turn and the inability to settle the issue for GHC50.000

The Swimming Pool:

My pool water is clear. The bottom of the pool looks like a bath after 15 coal miners have used it at the end of the shift. This mainly due to the fact that the Zodiac cleaner in the biggest load of hogwash that I have ever had the misfortune to purchase. That and the dogs insisting on using the pool hose as a chew toy. Loads of work will be needed to get that sorted out.

3 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

..... aah glad you are a happy lil bunny again!!

New job .... are you back in S.A. on a long term basis now .... or just passing by again!

7:03 AM  
Blogger Antoine said...

Thought Dad would have told you :)

I am now a Director, based in JHB with responsibility for Africa North of the equator.

Based permanantly in JHB, but obviously will be spending time up north in various Jungles making money :)

8:03 AM  
Blogger Angie said...

He told me that you were made a director but seemed a little unsure as to your travelling status!!! Good on you lil bro, I am really happy that you can be "back to normal" with the odd trip up north!!!! But don't forget to travel North at least once to visit us!!! :)

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home