Missive from parts of Africa

A light hearted and sometimes serious look at moving 6000km into a place in Africa: April 2007. Promoted back to South Africa, the missive will continue to track my foray's into deepest Africa as and when I get there.

Name:
Location: Joburg, Africa, South Africa

Friday, June 16, 2006

Another week rushes to a close

Friday has once again rushed up on me.

I kid you not when I say I am losing days at a rapid rate of knots. Certain things were meant to be done by Wednesday. I only realised that Wednesday had passed me by on Thursday. There is something to be said about a whole lot of activity.

That said, I am been pushed from Tarkwa as there are a few things that my happy replacement is not up to speed on, and it is more expedient for me to do. Therefore, yours truly is off to Obuasi tomorrow for a client meeting and has a further client meeting on a nice large project on Monday.

However! The site is not working on Sunday. I am actually looking forward to a day off. *g*
I may even play golf on the golf course that stares at me as I stand OUTSIDE every morning having my lung kick start.

One thing about been on site and living on the mine is I never get to drive through town anymore. I also do not get the newspaper on a daily basis. It was noted as been an issue yesterday when I had cause to go to Bogoso Town and after a week driving 2km to and from work, suddenly once again had to grapple with Ghana drivers.

I battled for the first few minutes and swore a lot. Eventually the bad driving style so necessary for driving in Ghana came back to me.

Our Communications are now up and running after a bad start on Monday when it did not work at all for most of the day. I laughed when I heard the reason.

When they were here on Sunday the changed some routing tables to get my system to work. Evidently the correct procedures were not followed or something, but come Monday morning “someone” changed the routing tables back. And poof. I was off line until they realized that what they had done on Sunday was gone.

I await the other person changing the tables back.

Other than that:

Not much to report: Work, home, sleep, work

We have a delegation arriving next week with my Boss, Quality Control and Project Lifecycle people as well as my Cad Lad for Tarkwa workshop.

Not 100% sure where I am going to put them. I am assuming people will be making the trip between Tarkwa and Bogoso – along the road of death – daily.
Not a good thing to have. Or do.

Allow me to work some more!

Have a great long weekend people. (except for Esther who travels to Kuwait and misses out on the long weekend *chuckle*)

1 Comments:

Blogger Esther said...

two words, diary, planning *sweet smile*

6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home