Missive from parts of Africa

A light hearted and sometimes serious look at moving 6000km into a place in Africa: April 2007. Promoted back to South Africa, the missive will continue to track my foray's into deepest Africa as and when I get there.

Name:
Location: Joburg, Africa, South Africa

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Change is a fun thing

Missive is down South and fun continues to be had.

My bout of malaria has almost left me, and joyfully I am a whole 5kg lighter. Which in turn means I can indulge a little bit more while I am down south.

The only problem however continues to be the nausea which somewhat limits my indulging. Sigh.

The flight back was uneventful, and a full flight meant the service left a lot to be desired. Fortunately I was still sick enough to take a sleeping tablet and an “on again – off again” sleep for the entire flight.

Nessers was at the airport, and the second thing I did when I got home was put my bags down.

At least the malaria is not affecting my nookie!!

Twas Lisa’s 21st this weekend – am I getting old? - and it was a nice day. We even got to see her “rent a granny” who looked after her when she was young. Colleen, true to form never stopped talking and has an amazing memory for what happened a long time ago.

Lisa’s mum gave her a wonderful montage of all Lisa’s Olympic memorabilia – I did tell you my daughter swam in the 2000 Sydney Olympics did I not – hehe.

I sprung for a new laptop and a portable DVD player.

Have being getting loads of Nookie – have a smile on my face!!

LOOK ;-0


Of course R&R does not quite mean leave, and I am in the office.

Now for the change.

The project manager at Bogoso has resigned.

I am now the new Project Manager for Bogoso.

They are looking for my replacement at small works. Damn – and just as everything was going so well at Small Works and I was looking forward to a chilled 6 months.

Could be an interesting time over the next 8 months. Wish me luck!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Peas on Toast said...

Hi Antoine - just caught up on all the happenings on your blog, wow, and alot has been happening it seems!

So sorry to hear about the malaria, I've heard its the worst thing in the world to have. Glad you've come through the other side, and still cheerful!

10:20 AM  
Blogger Antoine said...

Always cheery young Peas.... makes them all wonder what I am on *wicked grin*

8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home