Missive from parts of Africa

A light hearted and sometimes serious look at moving 6000km into a place in Africa: April 2007. Promoted back to South Africa, the missive will continue to track my foray's into deepest Africa as and when I get there.

Name:
Location: Joburg, Africa, South Africa

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Weekend - News -

I think the person who monitors my internet usage is gonna shit himself this weekend.

The week as noted in previous posts has not been uneventful, what with month end stuff, eclipses, Albert on leave, demanding clients and the fun we having with getting a Sat system.

Friday evening, Augustine and yours truly sat back in our respective chairs, I lit my countless ciggy of the day and we smiled at each other. Another month end bites the dust.

All that remained was for me to complete the recon, print the reports for Gerick – who is PM on the Bogoso Project and has to do his recons as well – and all was done.

One issue: We are working this weekend and I have to be here.

Saturday
Twenty minutes to knock out the recon and then…..

I started reading blogs: I have mentioned it once and I will say it again – There are some AMAZING writers out there. As everyone knows I tend to gravitate to erotica – cos I am a pervert and proud of it – but goodness!

Prettydumbthings! Talking about woman in one blog she glibly states “they may not have their cherry, but they still have the box that it came in”
Salacity – quotes on her blog: Writing is like prostitution; first you do it for love, then for a few close friends, and then for money. ~Moliere

I quite happily toddled through a years worth of writing by both of them.

Prettydumbthing uses words that beg for a dictionary to be placed close by. But that’s what you would expect from a PhD – (who stripped for six years, has declared bankruptcy over a huge student loan and has enhanced boobs).

That said: Carlos came back from Accra with some 8kg of Boerewors and 8kg of well cut pork chops yesterday. The cottage pie which was Saturday dinner (third time we have had cottage pie this week) was promptly put aside in favor of a braai. I tried to braai but for some reason no-one took to my pink meat and between Carlos and Carl they managed to cook the meat to biltong status. Next time: I will braai mine separately.

A quiet night with only a few captains to keep me in good humour, I retired to bed to read and sleep.

Carlos also tackled “half pig” last night and showed off his butcher skills by taking “half pig” and producing two roasts and ribs, stuffing same with Olives and Garlic and making said culinary feast available for lunch today. I managed to catch the cook this morning before I left and placed an order for Potato Salad and Green Goodies for a green Salad.

Lunch will be nice!

On that note: It is time for a final walk around and home to chill before the new week demands its chunk from me.

Hope the weekend was a stunner!

1 Comments:

Blogger Esther said...

so you won't be surprised when you get to the office on monday and can no longer browse 99% of the sites you usually go to ? *chuckle*

You were also supposed to put links in for prettydumbthings and salacity! sheees, share and share alike.

12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home