Missive from parts of Africa

A light hearted and sometimes serious look at moving 6000km into a place in Africa: April 2007. Promoted back to South Africa, the missive will continue to track my foray's into deepest Africa as and when I get there.

Name:
Location: Joburg, Africa, South Africa

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Back to the Jungle

After freezing my proverbial nads off in Jhb for the last few days, I boarded a SAA - we have a monopoly on the route so we can allocate a kak aircraft - flight to Accra yesterday.

It never ceases to amaze me that fly south you take 5 hours, fly north you take 6 hours, to get to your destination.

7 hours later, I dragged heavily on my first ciggie, after kindly telling the customs person there was no ways she was going to check my luggage as I needed a ciggy, in 27 degree warmth and 99% humidity. That turned to 100% humidity during the night.

In an hour, I head off to the Jungle to get back into the fray.

11 weeks has started. Think I will have LOADS of fun on this trip.

Hope you all not freezing too much down in SA.

(And it is my "lil" sis's birthday this week. I have it on reminder - hehe)

1 Comments:

Blogger Esther said...

And SAA now has new Close-off times for International- 50 minutes before departure and Domestic- 30 minutes before departure. Gotto love spending all that quality time at the airport.

10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home