Missive from parts of Africa

A light hearted and sometimes serious look at moving 6000km into a place in Africa: April 2007. Promoted back to South Africa, the missive will continue to track my foray's into deepest Africa as and when I get there.

Name:
Location: Joburg, Africa, South Africa

Sunday, September 19, 2004

Sunday Missive

Well an eventful week has passed, loads of work completed and people coming and going. Tis been interesting.

Only two weeks before I head down south on my R&R and as can be well imagined I am looking forward to it in a BIG! way!.

Completed my initation to industrial action, with problems on Friday which resulted in a tired Tony and slashed tyres. Given the fact that the Gelunderwagen does not have a jack or wheel spanner (of course you only find that out when the wheel is flat) I drove around with a LDV tyre for a while (off one of the other vehicles) while they searched Ghana hi and low for a tyre the same as mine.

Thursday nite was fun. I watch a series every thursday nite. I even set my cell to remind me of the series - cos I am old and have a bad memory -. I walk in at 7.55, Roux was watching TV and I was chatting to Nessers on the phone. AS I walk in, the TV starts buzzing and popping and making strange "I am on my last legs" kinda noises. We both just looked at the TV with bemused faces until the flames and smoke started coming out of the back. I made a quick dive for the plug and we were left with a smokey room, no TV and were almost forced to talk to each other. *chuckle*

Needless to say, a new TV was top of the lists on Friday.

Tuesday nite was a small amount of time in the pub, and quite honestly the more I go there - 3rd time now - the more I realise that it is not the place for me. Ergo I was home by 9 and asleep by 9.30 with no hangover the next day.

Swore at the TV yesterday and despite the ref Lions beat the Sharks !!!!!! cheer!!! and we are second on the log!!!!! - I think all the seasons of supporting the lions is finally starting to pay off.

Yesterday was generally a TV day, and I was feeling a bit woef from friday, which meant 2 hours kip on the couch was in order. Roux had his kip as well later that night. Party Animals us!!

Wot else?
*ponder*
*think*
*ponder more*

Nope - thats about it. Another week down in my exciting fun filled time here. *chuckle*

2 Comments:

Blogger Esther said...

I hope you bought a new tv this time, one with a warranty ;)

1:34 PM  
Blogger Nix said...

Hey Tony - Survivor, friends, no bar... my God you are becoming ME

6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home