Missive from parts of Africa

A light hearted and sometimes serious look at moving 6000km into a place in Africa: April 2007. Promoted back to South Africa, the missive will continue to track my foray's into deepest Africa as and when I get there.

Name:
Location: Joburg, Africa, South Africa

Sunday, September 12, 2004

The beach

So much for the beach this weekend. Instead of sunning myself and splashing in the waves, the only splashing I am doing is over the puddles caused by the rain that has bucketed down since last night.

Bummer!!

So I am at the office, surfing the web, looking at the guys in the workshop put stuff together and learning that 40NB galvanised pipe comes in 5.65m lengths not 6.00m lengths. Ergo - I stuffed up the order and we are 3 lengths short. You live and learn every day.

Last night was (once again) a quiet night and I am even getting into all the series that are on TV. I am now an avid watcher of Survivor on a Saturday Night at 8pm. How sad is that.

I have also put reminders on my phone for Friends (monday) and a new series on a Friday which name escapes me.

Chatted to the kids - well one kid cause the other one was still sleeping - and they are fine. My daughter has got a part time job coaching swimming while she studies and she is starting to do Gala's again. From the times she was rattling off she can still swim well, given two years of ciggies and teenager stuff.

Nessers was away this weekend, so I will phone her tonight.

Esther is quiet this weekend as well......

Spoke to Keith and Sam a while back, and was good to chat to him and get updates - while been ripped off that Man U buys the best striker in the UK, and canna use him cause he has a broken foot.

Cleaned up my mail on the Unicell server, surfed wifelovers, read the online newspapers, learnt a bit more about lighting when taking pics, and have promised myself that I will learn to use photoshop properly before December.

I am also mooting restarting my MBA. God knows I have enough time to study. Thats for the new year.

Supper last night was T Bone! Whoo hooo = Until you realise that T Bone cooked in a mess is not quite like T Bone cooked by yours truly. Tasted like bloody cardboard!! - Dinner consisted of Rice and Pickled Chilli.

I am off to the mess today to get the raw ingrediants for curry, which I will quite happily throw together tonight. About time I cooked a good home made curry with all the nice sprices that came up in my care pack.

Another days ticks on - and one day closer to home time!!!!!!! and SEX@!!!!!!! Fark I am deprived! - or should that be depraved!

1 Comments:

Blogger Esther said...

The pipe things sounds like your the bar building excercise *chuckle*

Nothing wrong with watching survivor *smirk*

gawd, you study again? that should be interesting, you are aware that the MBA's from unisa (and most other ZA institutes) have been discredited?

deprived and depraved? *dux*

12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home