Missive from parts of Africa

A light hearted and sometimes serious look at moving 6000km into a place in Africa: April 2007. Promoted back to South Africa, the missive will continue to track my foray's into deepest Africa as and when I get there.

Name:
Location: Joburg, Africa, South Africa

Friday, July 23, 2004

Thoughts

It amazes me the thoughts that go thru my mind from time to time:  I have got a bloody cold of note, with blocked nose, runny eyes and mini headache.  Has to be the weather change and aircons. 

  • The toilet paper is like two garage wipes rolled together. Not recommended for wiping your nose for any length of time as "ruff and tuff" comes to mind.
  • I have a new cell phone. Bloody thing vibrates louder then it rings. Nessers may enjoy this considering she is as hawny as hell *chuckle*
  • Met a customer with no sense of humour yesterday - yup he was an engineer. And they say accountants are bad.
  • I am now suffering severe withdrawal symptoms from the lack of spices in the food. I really must arrange my own house. When tabasco sauce is the only spice available and I am happy to use it you know that I am desperate!!
  • I can now hang a towel off my dick in the morning. Which for me is quite impressive as my towels are nice bath sheets from woolies.
  • Had my first brush with a clinic yesterday. Needless to say - I do NOT want to get sick in this place.
  • Saw a nice house at the west end of town. The view however was spoilt by looking onto the road which doubles up as the towns refuse pit. The goats were having fun tho as I counted at least 30 before I gave up. The house search continues.
  • Month end - so we work this weekend punching stuff into a stunningly slow system. Screen refreshes can take up to 60 seconds.
  • Crane spares are an issue - so I did internet searches and sent off emails to see if they can supply us some alternators.  Seems like the local ones last a few days and burn out. Rewinding shops are primative to say the least.
  • My farking cell does not link to my pc *growl*
  • We go through petty cash at an alarming rate here.  Every tom dick and his mother uses it. Will have to sort summit out here.
  • Have decided to repaint the offices. Shitty yellow does not inspire many people, and definatly does nothing for me.  Corporate colors it is: White inside and blue and white outside.  Total cost - Paint R2000 and labour R66 per day for 10 days.
  • Got a request to quote prices on tug boats and barges. Not 100% sure where I am going to get that information from.
  • Got a request to quote on cranes - now that we do :>

Another day in the african wilderness!!!!

Love ya all !

Now send nekked pics demmet!!!!

 

1 Comments:

Blogger Antoine said...

and for any lasses that are reading this and have a camera so that they can send me pics of nessers and her, nessers number is ********** (fark - she has anedit function as well)

12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home