Missive from parts of Africa

A light hearted and sometimes serious look at moving 6000km into a place in Africa: April 2007. Promoted back to South Africa, the missive will continue to track my foray's into deepest Africa as and when I get there.

Name:
Location: Joburg, Africa, South Africa

Friday, July 09, 2004

The Time is Nigh!

An airticket has been delivered, the visa is firmly pasted in the passport - a whole page used as is the norm these days - and the final injection (Hepatitus B) has been obtained.

At 13.20 on Monday 12th July, this kinky individual wings his way to the wonderful country of Ghana to start his tour of duty. Official Title "General Manager - Ghana".

Now that the time has arrived, I decided to look into what I am taking. It does not help that it is winter in SA with a maximum temprature during the day of 14 degrees, and come Monday evening I will be in Summer at a forecasted temprature of 28 degrees with 90% humidity. Ergo - I need more shorts as those of you that know me fully understand that my shorts have seen better days and the holes in them show more package then is deemed modest. SO ... Shorts, long socks, boots and open shirts. I will still have to take the longs for the "larnie" times. That said I am not sure that larnie times are the same as they are in good old SA.

Never the less - last weekend of concentrated sex (for 78 days)and I wish to make good use of that time.

Still have to come into work here on Monday am for contract meetings and then spend some time negotiating the excess baggage fee. (refer previous post).

Communications do not appear to be installed yet as the guy who is installing the sat system cancelled his return flight today and rebooked for next week Friday. That does not bode well for the first week there and communications. Still - no issue - I will do what I did when I went off to Europe and Cyprus and type up the missives until I have connectivity, and post them all at once.

As they say in the classics - fun!!!! fun !!!!! FUN!!!!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Esther said...

about time you got new shorts!

11:16 AM  
Blogger Angie said...

Could be worse!!!! You could be in Cyprus :) - currently 38C and 90% humidity!!!! We are both on the north of the equator now, have fun ....... know you will make the best of it

6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home