Missive from parts of Africa

A light hearted and sometimes serious look at moving 6000km into a place in Africa: April 2007. Promoted back to South Africa, the missive will continue to track my foray's into deepest Africa as and when I get there.

Name:
Location: Joburg, Africa, South Africa

Sunday, January 06, 2008

Lazy weekend?

One has to pay homage to the invention of the "Lazy Sunday Afternoon". That is exactly what I am having after a good weekend.

My new couches arrived!! With much cheer as I was only expecting them next weekend. They were offloaded and placed into their temporary positions, not before I managed to break the window of my french doors. *sigh*. Doors may flex when they are stuck, but as we learnt in school, the ability of glass to flex with said door is somewhat limited.

Our first statement was "Fck I am sure they were not that big in the store!!" The chairs are huge and even after putting loads of cushions on the chairs, I still have 4 big and 2 small cushions remaining. They will be put away for the time that something drastic happens to the existing ones.

I purchased new pillows for my bed and some for my daughter, who complained on Saturday morning that her boyfriend nicked her pillows when she was sleeping. Apparently she needs on to cover her face while she sleeps. *shake of head*

I had drinks and coffee on Thursday which was enjoyed very much!

Friday was the day a hired maid arrived and cleaned up the house. I am certain there is a system for cleaning that I have yet to discover as she did manage to clean the house really well in a day. It may have taken me a week or more.

Friday night was when vulneribility was bought closer to home as a very good friend got attacked outside her house. She has a very loud scream and used it to good effect, as well as her housemate using his to good effect as well. The wanna be thieves ran off rather sharply. This sort of shit happens so quickly and all one can say is safety is not something you should expect.

My pool is blue again and the fact that I can see the bottom meant I could finally see that as quick as the Creepy sucks shite off the bottom, it gets tossed back into the pool through the return. It appears my filter sand has given up the ghost. Another R650 next week to have the sand replaced. *double sigh*

Work resumes tomorrow and a busy year is guaranteed given the emails that have arrived in my mailbox over the holiday season.

Hope you are all smiling and happy. Tis a good state to be.

I did not

- get pissed

(not - the "get laid" is not under the I did not section - wicked chuckle)

Kilometers travelled on bike: ~16

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home