Missive from parts of Africa

A light hearted and sometimes serious look at moving 6000km into a place in Africa: April 2007. Promoted back to South Africa, the missive will continue to track my foray's into deepest Africa as and when I get there.

Name:
Location: Joburg, Africa, South Africa

Thursday, January 03, 2008

2008 has arrived!

Spent New Years day and the day after on a farm in Limpopo with friends. Fark was it hot!!! Fark was it dry!!!!

I did however manage to

- Chase Cows into a Kraal for Milking (see the cows do come home)
- Got told I would be assisting with the milking the following morning
- Thanked the Lord that the milking was left to someone who knows how to do it!
- Chase more cows into a Kraal for dipping
- Ate loads of Milk Tart
- Improved on my afrikaans

I did not manage to

- Get Laid
- Get Pissed
- Speak Afrikaans so that people could understand me.

Got home yesterday evening to Nandos and the fact that rubbish collection day fell on a public holiday two weeks in a row. I now have the "rubbish dump" smell in my back yard as the dustbins fizz and bubble with all sorts of strange chemical reactions usually reserved for Lab's in Iran.

Pickitup has some questions that need to be answered methinks.

Total km ridden in 2008 - Nil

Today I finally get around to finishing off my pool deck that was started around six months ago. I have downloaded "How to Make Concrete" from the PPC website and will be looking for a place that delivers the required goodies. I will also be making good use of the Labour Corner for this exercise!!

Wish me luck!!

My farking pool is green again - which is apparently due to the fact the PH is around 6.0. A trip to the Pool Shop is on the cards as well.

Given the fact that today we are looking at a Temprature exceeding 30 degrees C, I may even lose a kg or 3.

Right!!! A bowl of Oats is calling and then the day starts.

7am is such a foolish time to wake up methinks!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home