Missive from parts of Africa

A light hearted and sometimes serious look at moving 6000km into a place in Africa: April 2007. Promoted back to South Africa, the missive will continue to track my foray's into deepest Africa as and when I get there.

Name:
Location: Joburg, Africa, South Africa

Monday, February 14, 2005

Weekend Missive

A quick Saturday blog which says “Well Done Tones!!! – You are up to date and everything in your world is good”

Last night after work a “quick beer” turned into a huge drinking session of quick beers, loads of captains (which were going down oh so well!) and long chats about work and other stuff.

Prior to that, we had 3 40 something guys sitting in the office talking about how and where we used to party in the 70’s and 80’s. It is amazing that everyone remembers Bella, 3 sisters (took me a while, but I did recall it when Greek food was mentioned) and how when Hillbrow became a bit of a slum, everyone moved off to Rocky Street in Yeoville. We even all remembered the pizza place next to the wishy washy that sold the most amazing garlic pizza’s.

Walk back into the past that was.

The best part about last nights drinking session was to realize that the lads who form the core of my manex team are having fun. Which is the objective! The lads are working well together as a team, and I really think it is all coming together. I have a good crew!

Got home, watched a bit of TV and toddled off to bed, leaving all the lights on as I found out this morning. I awoke at around 2.30 am, hot cause I forgot to turn the aircon on and as thirst as a rat who had just eaten rattex. (For my Chicago friend that’s rat poison *grin*) Two bottles of water later (and a tummy that was a tad unhappy), I went back to sleep only to be woken by an SMS from Esther, who seemed to be unusually happy at 7.30 am her time. This for a woman who normally gets up at 9!. My alarm went off and I hit the snooze button twice!

A shower and I was at work at 7.06am. Late start to the day *chuckle*


12.00 I have:

• Completed my cost reports
• Completed my grading of employees under me – handed all the others to Albert *chuckle*
• Completed All the debtors stuff
• Finished all my quotes
• Finished my Daily Diary Costings
• Read the online Newspapers
• Had Lunch


That said: For some reason I never got around to posting this on Saturday:

So as today is Sunday – I will continue as if I never left off

Bear with me on this:

Sunday was of course an off day: The workshop is not that busy and all the jobs are on site. Given the fact that I am up to date and more importantly there is cricket on the go, what better way to veg on the couch, drinking tea and water and cooldrinks and watching cricket.

Oh yes – I also now have a dial up at home, that sometimes works and sometimes does not (at 33k – reminds me of Swaziland in the 90’s), so that is nice as well!.

I can chat on yahoo and managed to get my webcam working!!! - whooo hoo.

Sloth Day, we won the cricket, and I managed to get on-line eventually.

( I will spare you my on line details) *wicked chuckle*

All in all – gonna be a good start to the week –traveling tomorrow so I should be a bit behind when I get back and then it is work work work. 60 days until I am home – and counting.

OH yeah:

Happy Valentines Day for tomorrow:

May all your cards be nice ones!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home