Missive from parts of Africa

A light hearted and sometimes serious look at moving 6000km into a place in Africa: April 2007. Promoted back to South Africa, the missive will continue to track my foray's into deepest Africa as and when I get there.

Name:
Location: Joburg, Africa, South Africa

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Another Year Older

On days like this I am reminded of New years eve, where they show – I think Times Square – a metal ball rolling down a long incline, and as it hits the bottom it sets off a chain reaction which resets all the balls for another year.

So today, my ball has hit the bottom, and all the balls are busy resetting for me as a new year starts.

As they say in the classics “A wiser person passes here”

Am I wiser then I am a year ago?

That’s a most definite yes!

A lot has happened to me over the last year, one of the major ones bringing about this blog. I am still glad to be in a position where I learn something new everyday, and every day is still as exciting as it was when I was toddling around in the garden in nappies.

For that I am blessed, and I thank everyone who makes me a blessed person.

And with that said, and the fluffy stuff out of the way!

May you too have a great one!

Oh yeah – my pressies:

Choccie
CD Set of seventies music
Bottle of (non alcoholic) sparkling stuff…… *ponder*
Loads of emails
And a promise of more to come

Not bad for a man in the Jungle!

2 Comments:

Blogger Esther said...

the ball rolling down an incline ... um ... at first I thought you were referring to the fact that you are now on the downhill path *chuckle*
being over 40 and all that ... *innocent look*

9:47 AM  
Blogger Angie said...

Yo Lil Bro!

Hehe can still call you "little", wished you already on the phone but anyway have a good one. Remember that actually life begins at 40 ....... or thereabouts

Lots and lots of love to you.

2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home