Missive from parts of Africa

A light hearted and sometimes serious look at moving 6000km into a place in Africa: April 2007. Promoted back to South Africa, the missive will continue to track my foray's into deepest Africa as and when I get there.

Name:
Location: Joburg, Africa, South Africa

Saturday, August 28, 2004

Saturdays

Well it is once again month end, which means all the wekkers get paid and toddle off to wherever they go on a pay weekend. For some reason, month ends are the busy period for accountants and as I have my accountant hat on, I am working (well and taking a break doing a blog update).

I am offically not feeling well, and based on a blood test yesterday it is not maleria, so just a general lurgy to leave me feeling uphoppy.

My house is (kinda) taking shape and yup - I am going to do my best to move in tomorrow. Stove or no Stove!. Now I need a phone for unfirewalled access to the internet and time will go a lot faster.

I am possibly not in one of the best moods today, and have issues on site which I need to resolve. Somewhere along the line it appears there is not enough sheeting to complete the building. We did not supply the sheeting, but somehow it is now our problem. Fark I hate bad planning!!!

As can bee seen I am pissed off... so best I go!

2 Comments:

Blogger Esther said...

*hair ruffle* ;)

2:07 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

*Hugz* Hope you feel better soon!! By the way, in Cyprus - stoves are not part of the house which I found weird when I first moved here, glad to hear it is not only the Cypriots who are weird ;)

1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home