Missive from parts of Africa

A light hearted and sometimes serious look at moving 6000km into a place in Africa: April 2007. Promoted back to South Africa, the missive will continue to track my foray's into deepest Africa as and when I get there.

Name:
Location: Joburg, Africa, South Africa

Tuesday, August 10, 2004

In Africa not everything works all the time - much like the rest of the world!

Well I have been without internet connectivity on the sat since thursday last week and it has shown in the lack of posts. It appears that if you are going to have a problem make sure it happens over a long weekend is SA. That way no-one can be at work until Tuesday to sort it out.

Played 18 holes of golf on the mountain course yesterday in a Golf day that we sponsered. Nice turn out (54 people) and bloody good "chop". I also found quite happily that the bar stocks Captain Morgan.....

Did not play great golf, tho with 6 blackouts I still scored 88 - which in my book is not that bad. 23 points.

I have got to waking up at 4am due to our next door neighbours that in true tradition keep chickens. All I know is thank fark I am moving to my house next week as if I have to live with a rooster giving it stick at 4am, the rooster will be an ex rooster very quickly.

Getting used to driving around now, even if I still look the wrong way when crossing a junction. I am now driving rather carefully to account for the fact that one day I am going to be looking left and having a car hit me from the right.

Off to visit customers from tomorrow and generally getting used to the workshop vagaries, and it also looks like we will meet the deadlines on work we currently have. So it is getting better.

I also learnt today that I have an entire team of people at one of the mines two hours away. Back to not too sure what they are doing, but I will find out I am sure when I visit there on Thursday.

More soon.... lemme work

1 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

Good to see you are still alive!!!! Waiting to see pics of the "new" house once you move in. Have fun!!

2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home