Missive from parts of Africa

A light hearted and sometimes serious look at moving 6000km into a place in Africa: April 2007. Promoted back to South Africa, the missive will continue to track my foray's into deepest Africa as and when I get there.

Name:
Location: Joburg, Africa, South Africa

Monday, March 13, 2006

When I start singing - send me home please

I have written about parties at Rudi’s place before. Generally I end up lying on the couch listening to music.

Add a touch of rugby, Rudi’s famous potato bake and SA Lamb roasted on the braai together with the ubiquitous bottle(s) of rum and the party is a hard one.

We watched the bulls win at the rugger, which immediately put us all in a good mood – which generally mean you drink more – and we had access to a Hi-Fi with a karaoke function.

Dangerous combination!!

We drank, sang, ate good food and took turns shooting each other with a blow pipe.

I.e.: we were stupid and had fun.

I count myself fortunate that I did not have to work today. Everyone else at the party did. I spent the day on the couch, drinking bottle after bottle of water and wondering why the hell no-one sent me home when I started singing!

Everyone should know that as soon as I start singing – send me home! When I drink, I get the idea that I can sing. When I am sober, I KNOW I cannot sing. Well apparently I sang for over an hour. The words that usually made up the songs were lost in translation and I had my own words for a few famous songs.

I also launched into my “fat chicks need to be shagged too” joke, which I managed to tell almost in its entirety in Afrikaans. Once again, proof enough that I needed to be sent home.

I have attached a few pics from the evening.

Rudy needs a new fan………..

He also has a video of my “Ghana Idols Audition”

1 Comments:

Blogger Esther said...

noooo, surely not in afrikaans !! ;)

10:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home