Missive from parts of Africa

A light hearted and sometimes serious look at moving 6000km into a place in Africa: April 2007. Promoted back to South Africa, the missive will continue to track my foray's into deepest Africa as and when I get there.

Name:
Location: Joburg, Africa, South Africa

Monday, June 20, 2005

Weekend - whew!

Another blog so soon?

Well stuff to update you 4 readers on:

Friday night at around 9pm I get a phone call from Rudy to come over and have a drink. As the house was full – Freddy from Civils and Carlos were hanging around – some time away from the house was most welcome.

Now Rudy is a criminal of note as far as partying goes, but he does have all his meat from South Africa and is a good guy to sit down and chat with. I had yet to go to his place and my welcome was a good old fashioned Captain Morgan served in a fish bowl. I am convinced half a bottle of Captains was used to fill the fish bowl, but one drink later and I was lying on the couch listening to dire straits.

I was not exactly the life and soul and plodded around between the braai and the couch and did not even try to touch the second fish bowl that was poured. I was asleep by 11pm vowing never to drink or smoke again!

Saturday we had arranged the pig on a spit – see pics – and started said pig at 10am that morning. We supped on beer, chatted, supped on more beer and at around 8pm that night said porker was ready to be eaten. We did not have too many people pitch up, but hey what the hell, said porker was bloody nice and we even managed to kill two more bottles of captains before I got very tired and had to go to sleep. I do recall looking at my watch and remembering it was just after midnight.

Apparently every one ran out of steam at around 1.30am.

Sunday was a VERY quiet day, with both Carlos and I alternating between the couch and the bed. Albert popped in for a while and as he was not part of the previous evening he was very chipper! Bastard!

We were both lights out and in bed before 9pm.

I got phoned for fathers day – which was really kewl – and tried to phone my daddy for his fathers day. Ghana Phones at their best and I ended up sending him and SMS. Will have to phone him tonight I will.

10 days until home time – and I have walked into a Monday from hell.

This 10 minute brain break has served it’s purpose so let me get back into the stuff that has kept me busy for 8 hours already and promises another 8.

Hope your week is going well!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home