Missive from parts of Africa

A light hearted and sometimes serious look at moving 6000km into a place in Africa: April 2007. Promoted back to South Africa, the missive will continue to track my foray's into deepest Africa as and when I get there.

Name:
Location: Joburg, Africa, South Africa

Monday, November 01, 2004

Monday Update

Talking about the juju that runs my water system at the house in the previous post, must have nudged the water gods and p'd them off somewhat. As of yesterday morning I have no hot water at all. I also have no cold water at all. No water - Nada!!. The houseboy (yeah - I still have not learnt what his name is) is quite adept at securing water from somewhere (The problem is quite major it seems as all the houses in the area have no water), therefore I could flush the loo and shave in cold water. The bath was more challenging and bathing in 1" of cold water at 5am is definatly not my idea of fun.

Rose has started sourcing water from the local fire department to fill up the tanks so we can at least have 5000 litres of water running thru the geyser. Oh the joys of africa!

My Gelunderwagen was not delivered back to me yesterday, ergo I was generally stuck at home as going anywhere in the LDV was not going to be an option.

That said, I spent a bit of time learning Photoshop, shooting Jerries, watching all sorts of TV proggies, started mowing the lawn around 5 minutes before the rain came down (again), reading my books and generally pottered around. Gawd life got so boring I actually cleaned out my suitcase!!

So - no pics from my wanderings yesterday, although I did manage to get some great pics of the sunset last night which I will post tomorrow.

A monday full of fun awaits

let me at it!

3 Comments:

Blogger Esther said...

omg, my eyes are deceiving me ?
u mowed the lawn?
welcome to my life ;)

1:22 PM  
Blogger Antoine said...

Nope - I spent 5 mins trying to start the lawn mower and then the rain came.

10:23 AM  
Blogger Esther said...

tehehehehe.
I suppose getting an electrical mower would be an excercise in futility. This based on the assumption that you have a petrol mower?

7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home